If you are preparing for any version of the TOEFL, you are not alone. Almost a million people all over the world took the TOEFL last year. A high score on this test is an essential step in being admitted to graduate or undergraduate programs at almost all colleges and universities in North America. But preparing for this test can be a difficult, often frustrating experience.
Top 10 Strategies to Raise Your Score in TOEFL Reading Skills
- As with other sections of the TOEFL, be familiar with the directions and examples so you can begin work immediately.
- For each passage, begin by briefly looking over the questions (but not the answer choices). Try to keep these questions in mind during your reading.
- Scan passages to find and highlight the important facts and information.
- Read each passage at a comfortable speed.
- Answer the questions, referring to the passage when necessary.
- Eliminate answers that are clearly wrong or do not answer the question. If more than one option remains, guess.
- Mark difficult or time-consuming answers so that you can come back to them later if you have time.
- Timing is an important factor. Don’t spend more than 10 minutes on any one passage and the questions about it.
- Concentration is another important factor. The reading section is one of the longer sections of the test. Your practice and hard work will help you.
- Relax the night before the exam.
Express Your Opinions in comments