Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy by Preston de Guise.
- The goal of this book is to help any company develop a better backup system. To do this, what is needed most is knowledge. Specifically, we need to understand
- What features and functionality should be expected in a backup environment?
- What terminology and concepts are unique to backup software, and what can be related to other areas?
- How can a backup system be monitored successfully? (This is more than just “what constitutes success?”)
- How can the performance of a backup system be improved? What features are just “window dressing,” and should be ignored as irrelevant?