English Academic Vocabulary Fifth Edition By Arny E. Olsen Argosy University
The goal of this book is to make the study of vocabulary fun through a variety of thematic readings, self-tests, and interactive exercises. As a casual glimpse through the book will indicate, these activities involve writing, personal experience, art, and many other formats. The goal of these activities is simple: to utilize individual learning styles in order to help students learn new words in a large number of contexts.
English Academic Vocabulary Features:
- A New Word Visions feature allows you to apply your vocabulary knowledge to photographs and drawings.
- Additional material in the Review Chapters includes Self-Tests on synonyms and antonyms, collocations, and word parts to further test your mastery of the vocabulary words.
- Three updated readings with new vocabulary words provide practice for your vocabulary skills.
- New sentence starters have been added in the Interactive Exercises to aid you in using the vocabulary words in sentences.
- A New Make Your Own Word Maps feature provides an additional strategy to help you become familiar with key words and terms.
- Learning Objectives have been identified to help you see the various benefits of expanding your vocabulary.
Express Your Opinions in comments