What is Hidradenitis suppurativa?
- Blackheads: Small hollow or indented areas of skin containing blackheads.
- Painful lumps (compact mass): Hidradenitis Suppurativa disease is characterized by redness, pain, warmth, and swelling of body tissues, cysts (sac-like pocket of membranous tissue having fluid, air, or other substances grow in your body or under your skin.) and infections. This condition normally starts with a single, painful pea-sized lump beneath the skin that subsist for weeks or months and later more lumps start to grow. These lumps form where skin rubs together, such as the inner thighs, buttocks, and breasts.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa condition is chronic and often goes many changes like increasing pain with time and sudden outbursts or intensification may occur.
- When the affected area flare-ups the inflammation becomes very intense and the patient may suffer from fever and becomes tired. The patients can have intolerable pain.
- The abscesses often drain pus (thick yellowish or greenish opaque liquid produced in infected tissue) and form unhealable wounds.
- Tunnels formation: With the passage of time tracts connecting the lumps may occur under the skin. These wounds heal very slowly and can leave pus, which may have an unpleasant smell.
- After a series of problems, abscesses may become interconnected through tunnels under the skin and create a harder condition to treat.
- Some people with Hidradenitis suppurativa conditions encounter only mild symptoms. stress, hormonal changes, Excess weight, heat, or humidity may worsen symptoms. In females, the disease intense level may start after menopause.