Why don't sunnis mourn in muharram complete detail based on islamic teaching Quran and Hadiths.
Is the virtue of Muharram due to the martyrdom of Hussain (RA)?
Many people believe that the month of muharram ul haram or the 10th of Muharram has been blessed because of Hazrat Hussain and the martyrs of Karbala. This is completely false and wrong for many reasons.
- The main reason for the greatness and grace of a certain time, day or month is the attraction and manifestation of the special blessings and mercies of Allah, and the occurrence of some important events during this time is also a cause of grace in the second degree. It happens, like the revelation of the Holy Qur'an in Ramadan and the occurrence of Shab Qadr, etc. And the proof of excellence in any day can only be known from the Qur'an and Sunnah, it cannot be explained by oneself. While it is not proven from the Qur'an and Hadith that Muharram and Ashura got excellence due to the martyrdom of Hazrat Hussain.
- The month of muharram ul haram is one of the four holy months, which Allah Ta'ala has favored since the birth of the heavens and the earth, as mentioned in the verse of Surah At-Tawbah, and in the same way, it has been mentioned in detail in the blessed hadiths that the Jews and Quraish of Makkah also considered this day as great and respectable. , and the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) himself also described the excellence of this day, and called fasting on this day a reward. While the tragedy of Hazrat Hussain's martyrdom happened much later in the year 61 Hijri, how is it possible that Muharram and Ashura are blessed because of Hussain's martyrdom? That Allah Ta'ala chose this respectable and auspicious day for the martyrdom of his popular servant Hazrat Hussain (RA), therefore the month of Muharram or Ashura did not gain excellence because of the martyrdom of Hazrat Hussain (RA), but Hazrat Hussain (Radiyallahu Anhu) himself gained even more merit for being martyred on that day.
Why don't sunnis mourn in muharram
Is muharram ul haram a month of grief and mourning? Some people believe that Hazrat Hussain, his family and his companions were brutally martyred in this month, so this month is a month of grief and those people mourn it. Declaring it a month of mourning, they avoid doing happy things , don't even get married, don't build a house, don't do any happy ceremony, don't adorn yourself, don't wear new clothes and wear black clothes in this month to express grief, mourn. All these things have no origin in the Islamic Shari'ah, and declaring this month as the month of grief is invalid for the following reasons.
- The act of mourning in memory of a martyr on the basis of martyrdom is not proven by the Messenger of Allah, may God bless him and grant him peace. Indeed, the martyrdom of Hazrat Hussain, the great-grandson of the Messenger, is a painful and soul-shattering event, but in the memory of Hazrat Hussain and any deceased and martyred believer, on any day or month, Declaring a day or a month of grief is baseless, declaring any month as a month of grief is not proven by the Qur'an, Sunnah and Shariah arguments.
- The occurrence of a sad event in a month or day does not make it special for s ad that day should always be celebrated as sadness, and despite the passage of centuries it is called the month of sadness, if so, then Islamic history is filled with many such sad tragedies and incidents that occurred in twelve months of the year, there have been tragic martyrdoms of great Companions of Prophet Muhammad. As the painful martyrdoms of Hazrat Hamza, Hazrat Sohaib, Hazrat Umar, Hazrat usman, Hazrat Ali and many other companions of the Prophet (may Allah be pleased with them) are part of the history. Because of their martyrdoms , the whole year should be declared sad, obviously, no one can admit it, Then which can be greatest tragedy than the death of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) for the ummah? Hazrat Syed Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani (may God bless him and grant him peace) says that if this day is considered a day of grief because of the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (RA), then Monday is a day to grieve even more, because The Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, died on the same day and the first Caliph Hazrat Abu Bakr died on the same day.
- It is not permissible to mourn someone's death for more than three days: It should be noted that on the death of a person, it is permissible for the family to mourn for three days and it is not permissible to mourn for more than three days, however, if a woman's husband dies, she will mourn for four months and ten days. .
Is Muharram a month of curse?
In Islam, there is no concept of badness of any day, month, year or anything. In the religion of Islam, the virtues and blessings of certain times have been described on the basis of certain characteristics, but there is no concept in Islam about badness of a time.It comes in the hadith Sharif: It was narrated from Hazrat Abu Huraira (RA) that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Allah Almighty says that the ibn-e-aadam hurts me and curses the age, even though I am the creator of the time. I'm doing all things. I have all the things in my hand, I turn the night and the day as I will".
Therefore, it was found that the cause of unhappiness and happiness is not time etc., neither any day is unlucky, nor any month, nor is it unlucky in any house, nor in any person, but the real unhappiness is in sin and sinful actions. Therefore, considering the month of Muharram as inauspicious, as people think it is a false and baseless belief, it has no origin in Islam.